Munich teachers visit Cincinnati: April 14 – April 26
Cincinnati teachers visit Munich: June 19 – July 2
Since 1991 educators in Munich and Cincinnati have enriched their lives through this educational and cultural exchange. On many exchange days, participants attend school with their partner, gaining insight into instructional practices, educational philosophy, school norms, and more. Some weekdays are spent visiting the ‘can’t miss’ sights of Munich and Cincinnati. Evenings and weekends offer time to relax and enjoy the partner’s home and family, and to experience the rich culture of these vibrant cities.
As an extension of Munich and Cincinnati’s Sister City relationship, the Teacher Exchange offers educators the unique opportunity to:
- Enjoy an extended stay in the world class city of Munich
- Share your school, city, home and family with a teacher from Munich
- Engage in a unique professional learning experience through immersion in and discourse regarding educational topics from pedagogy to policy
Full participation during both Cincinnati and Munich experiences, as well as:
- Itinerary planning prior to Munich teachers’ visit
- Preparation of a short presentation regarding your school and role
- Reflection sessions after hosting and travelling
- Active educator in a public school district in Hamilton County
- Able to host and travel during specified dates
HCESC provides a $1000 scholarship applied to the cost of round trip airfare. Participants are responsible for costs in excess of that amount. Cincinnati participants are responsible for all costs during the exchange, including meals, tickets, transportation, etc. for themselves and their partners. Partner teachers will reciprocate when in Munich.
Applications and interviews for 2019 are closed. Check back in September for 2020!