CET/PBS At Home Learning Schedule
CET and ThinkTV have changed their daytime programming schedules to offer a full line-up of age and grade-level appropriate, standards-based programs so that children can continue to learn, whether or not they have internet access. This special programming has been developed in cooperation with the Ohio Department of Education, local and regional educators.
The new schedule airs from 7am to 6pm each weekday and will be updated each week until further notice. A running schedule as well as complementary online resources and lessons are available.
The Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library, through a partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, are working to send every child in Ohio from birth to age five a new book each month. Research has shown that a child with 25 books in their home complete an average of two additional years of schooling compared to their peers without books in their home. Their goal is that every kindergartener begins school with 60 books in their home.
Get Outside with Imago Ranger Activities
Get your kids outside and become an Imago Ranger. Imago is an ecological education organization that is rooted in the concept that living in harmony with the natural world is not only good for the planet, but good for ourselves, our families and our communities. Their simple “Imago Rangers” guides give you and your family ideas of things you can do outdoors. Keep track as you complete daily activities and you’ll receive an Imago button and an Imago Ranger certificate!
Ohio History Connection – Learn at Home
The Ohio History Connection team has developed a number of engaging and educational history resources that you and your family can easily access on our website. As the subject experts on Ohio’s history, they are providing you with content you can use with your student(s) at home to keep them engaged and learning.
INFOhio Remote Learning Support
Learn about how INFOhio resources support remote learning and find additional lesson ideas in the Teach With INFOhio blog Remote Learning Series:
- Remote Learning with INFOhio: Ages 3-5
- Remote Learning with INFOhio: Grades K-5
- Remote Learning with INFOhio: Grades 6-8
- Remote Learning with INFOhio: Grades 9-12
- Remote Learning with INFOhio: The First Few Weeks
- Remote Learning with INFOhio: Supporting Parents
Ohio Department of Education Guidance
The Ohio Department of Education Remote Learning Resource Guide is designed to be a one-stop shop to help schools, educators, students, parents and caregivers consider how to approach and apply a comprehensive remote learning plan that enables each child to carry on learning during this time of social distancing. Download the guide here.
Virtual Meetups for Content Area Educators – The Ohio Department of Education is scheduling virtual meetups in collaboration with various professional organizations across the state to support administrators and educators in each content area during the ordered school-building closure. The purpose of the forum is to support educators and provide a platform to network, share and gain new skills or strategies to help students succeed while learning remotely. Schedule available here.
#ABConduct: Navigating new instruction methods and platforms – These tips can help educators instruct their students remotely while maintaining the highest educational and ethical standards. ABConduct tip sheets are designed to help educators identify and mitigate risks that occur in everyday situations. These tip sheets provide guidance for best practices.
ODE and Ohio Department of Health Guidance on Conducting Graduation Ceremonies – The Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Health urge school districts to be thoughtful and careful in choosing and planning the best way to celebrate graduation and other milestones. Several options are available and can be successfully implemented all while keeping safe practices in mind.
- Accountability and Report Cards
- Adult Diploma Programs
- Career-Technical Education
- Career-Technical Education FAQ
- Community Schools and Sponsors
- EMIS Data and Reporting
- Grading, Promotion, and Retention
- Graduation Ceremony Statement
- Graduation Requirements UPDATED 5/21/20
- Graduation Requirements FAQ
- Industry Credential Vendor Flexibility
- Instructional Hours and Student Attendance
- State Testing UPDATED 5/19/20
- Third Grade Reading Guarantee
- Third Grade Reading Guarantee FAQ
- Autism/Jon Peterson Scholarship
- Auxiliary Services FAQ
- Early Learning and School Readiness
- English Learners
- Family Engagement Resources
- Gifted Education
- Health and Well-being
- Preventing Abuse and Neglect
- Prevention Education and Student Well-Being
- Students Experiencing Homelessness
- Students with Disabilities
- Supporting Students in Closing Out the School Year
- Students in Foster Care
- Telehealth Guidelines for Service Providers
- Whole-Child Nutrition
- Introduction Letter
- Planning Guide for Ohio’s Schools and Districts COMING SOON!
Leading the re-opening of schools
Education news from southwest Ohio and beyond
HCESC staff looking for updates and support should log in to the Sharepoint Knowledge Bank (KB) for information.