In the ever-changing field of education, special education directors take on a leadership role encompassing a multitude of essential functions and responsibilities to manage their district’s special education services.
This series provides new and relatively new special education directors practical strategies and considerations they can incorporate in their daily work, opportunities to engage in meaningful discussions and learning activities plus build a professional network. Participants will have access to a padlet of resources and information for each session.
Series topics include but not limited to:
- First Things First – Reminders for Starting the School Year
- Examining Ways to Maximize Team Roles and Responsibilities and Build Collaborative Relationships
- Best Practices to Ensure Compliance with the Ohio Operating Standards for the Education of Children with Disabilities and IDEA
- Internal Monitoring: Setting Up and/or Revising Systems for Compliance
- Communication Considerations for Building Family Engagement and Equity
- Understanding Auxiliary Services including the Autism and Jon Peterson Scholarship Programs
- Investigating Special Education EMIS: Student Special Education Section
- Closing Out the School Year and Preparing for Next Yer
- Director Topic Choices
Full details and registration at http://www.escweb.net/oh_hcesc/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=42583
The safety and well-being of our employees, partners, and guests is our top priority. We strive to provide a healthy environment that is inclusive for all. Please understand that health-related protocols may be in effect at the time of an event. We will continually assess the ever-changing impact of any health-related concern (such as COVID-19) and may adjust our policies accordingly.