Midwest Leadership Summit 2020
The Midwest Leadership Summit (#MWLS20), sponsored by both Butler County ESC and Hamilton County ESC, brings highly sought-after educational experts to southwest Ohio for two days of learning, reflecting, and connecting. You can expect to strengthen your leadership team and learn strategies to make positive changes in the culture and achievement of your organization.
June 2nd | Jimmy Casas
Start. Right. Now. – Teach and Lead for Excellence
Excellent teachers lead and excellent leaders teach. Excellent teachers and excellent leaders have much more in common, including 4 key behaviors they exhibit on a daily basis: They Know the Way, Show the Way, Go the Way, and Grow Each Day. Whether leading students or staff, these amazing educators know that in order to lead effectively, we must Start Right Now. In this session, you will explore the importance of teaching and leading from a framework of core values and discover ways to act upon these values to improve the climate and culture of your classroom, school, or district. Learn new ways to inspire, build capacity, model successful behaviors and grow professionally each and every day.
June 3rd | Katie Novak
Inside the Box
Educators have the power and privilege to transform the lives of the students they serve – and they don’t have to wait for the system to change to do that! Although curriculum, standards, policies and procedures, and standardized tests are a reality (and not always a positive one) – the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and the Innovator’s Mindset provide us with a platform to innovate inside the box (while fighting to deconstruct the box at the same time!). Come to this session to be inspired, empowered, and motivated to give every single student the education they deserve, despite the barriers you may face.
- Katie Martin – Teaching and Leading in a Changing World
- George Couros – Leading Innovative Teaching and Learning
- Mike Rutherford – The Artisan Leader… Recognizing and Developing Excellent Instruction
- Pedro Noguera – Educational Excellence Through Equity: Five Principles of Courageous Leadership to Guide Achievement for Every Student
- Todd Whitaker – What Great Leaders Do Differently
- Eric Sheninger – Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times
- Eric Jensen – Get an Amazing “Trifecta” of the 3 Most Powerful Tools Any Change Agent Could Possibly Want or Have!
- Anthony Muhammad – The Will to Lead and the Skill to Teach: Transforming Schools at Every Level
- Dr. Mike Schmoker – Elevating the Essentials to Radically Improve Student Learning
- Dr. Gail Latta and Dr. Leo Bradley – Leading Change
- Eric Thomas – Leadership and Change
The Midwest Leadership Summit is co-sponsored by Butler County ESC and Hamilton County ESC.
JUNE 2 – 3, 2020
Featuring: Jimmy Casas and Katie Novak
Secure the early rate of $245/person through February 29th!
The growing I-75 Corridor, centrally located between Cincinnati and Dayton, makes the Midwest Leadership Summit an ideal destination for your leadership retreat! Explore West Chester Hotels, Restaurants, and Things to Do.