Join other STEM-minded and STEAM-minded educators for a “Make it, Take it” workshop where the “Make it, Take it” is a 3D Printer!
During this day-long workshop…
1. You will assemble and fine-tune a 3D printer that you will take with you at the end of the day!
2. You will then 3D print a small test item from the included SD card.
While this test item is being printed…
3. You will install Ultimaker Cura Slicing Software. This software is free and is needed to turn 3D modeling files into 3D printable files.
4. You will learn how to use Tinkercad (https://www.tinkercad.com/) with your students to design and create 3D objects to 3D print.
5. You will create an item in Tinkercad for 3D printing.
6. You will learn how to get this item from Tinkercad to your laptop to your 3D printer for printing.
7. You will print this Tinkercad object.
While this Tinkercad object is printing…
8. You will be introduced to OpenJSCAD (https://openjscad.org/), a free web-based CAD software suitable for older students.
9. You will also learn how to search Thingiverse for designs suitable for 3D printing.
Throughout the workshop, you will also learn about the basics of 3D printer care, such as maintaining a level and clean printer bed, extruder and nozzle care and replacement, changing filament, types of filaments and costs.
You will need a laptop that you have permission to install 3D printing slicing software (Ultimaker Cura https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura that translates an stl file to gcode for 3D printing). Or you can have this installed on your printer before the workshop!
The cost of the workshop includes the cost of the 3D printer.
If you are interested in attending the workshop at a reduced price, the printer can be purchased ahead of time at the link below or through Amazon or Microcenter. The Printer is the Creality Ender 3 Pro.
Here is a link to the 3D printer if you want to purchase one: Printer Link
Please use promo code 3DPRINT to register for $129 if you plan to purchase the printer
Tools needed to assemble the 3D printer are included in the kit.
Full details and registration at http://www.escweb.net/oh_hcesc/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=39767