Pathways to Employment
Pathways to Employment is a unique comprehensive program for students with disabilities, between the ages of 18 and 22, who are in need of a program centered on work and life skills. Pathways to Employment prepares students to successfully transition from school, to live and work in their community.
What makes the program unique?
- Located on sites appropriate to peers (Scarlet Oaks Vocational campus and UC Blue Ash college campus)
- Provide individualized instruction in the community focusing on functional academics and daily living skills such as: budgeting, shopping, travel training, safety, time management, cooking, self-advocacy, socializing, etc.
- Provide hands-on experience in a variety of jobs
- Provide several short term work experiences (2-3 months per work experience) in the community to learn work skills and determine which work field is best suited to the student's skills and interests
- Provide job coaches and transportation for all community work experiences
- Assist with linking students with various community resources
- Provide information for networking with area adult agencies for financial, assisted living, follow-along work services and community support
- Assist in transitioning student’s to their next step in life (i.e. further educational opportunities, adult services, competitive employment, etc.)
Students and Parents Share…
“...love, love, love this program. My son is confident, independent and ready for competitive employment.”
“…Wish my son could stay longer than one more year!”
“Pathways is awesome. I can do all kinds of things independently – ride the metro, go to the grocery and the bank…”
“The staff consistently goes the extra mile. My daughter has learned more in this program than she did her whole high school career.”
Joan Lawrence, 513.674.4247