Let us provide highly qualified instructional specialists in reading, math, gifted, and special education to your school(s). Each specialist is licensed and/or holds endorsements in their subject area(s). They will provide individual or small group instruction utilizing best practices and research based methods to your students in grades K-12 on a part time or full time basis. They will collaborate and work with your staff as an integral member of your academic team.
Intervention specialists provide direct and intervention services to students who require specially designed instruction. As the case manager of a group of students, they will conduct evaluations and write reports, develop, implement, and comply with IEP/ISP goals, objectives, and deadlines, and work collaboratively with team members to ensure that student needs are met.
- Licensed intervention specialists available full or part time for grades K-12
- Provide direct specially designed instruction to individuals or small groups utilizing research and best practice instructional methods.
- Provide intervention and tiered instruction
- Case manager for students
- conduct evaluations and write ETRs
- develop, implement, and comply with IEP/ISP goals, objectives, and deadlines
- work collaboratively with team members to ensure that student needs are met, IEP goals are taught and IEP provisions are followed
- Knowledgeable and up to date on all laws pertaining to special education
Reading specialists are licensed teachers who have their reading endorsement. They will provide direct instruction, intervention, and assessment to individuals or small groups of students.
- Licensed teachers who have their reading endorsement available full or part time for grades K-12
- Provide direct instruction and interventions to individuals or small groups in reading fluency, vocabulary, phonemic awareness, phonics and comprehension
- Provide direct instruction for writing content and mechanics
- Assist with school-wide screenings and assessments (e.g. DIBELS, AIMS Web, MAPS, STAR, etc.)
Math specialist provide direct instruction and interventions to individuals or small groups of students in the areas of math instruction as outlined in the content standards.
- Licensed math educators available full or part time for grades K-12
- Provide direct math instruction and interventions to individuals and/or small groups
- Collaborate with team members to screen, assess, and develop plans of action to provide students with additional practice and/or instruction on mathematical concepts.
Gifted and Enrichment Specialists
Gifted intervention specialists provide challenging learning opportunities for high-achieving and gifted children. Upon screening and identifying these students, specialists design rigorous experiences that meet the unique needs and developmental characteristics of gifted children. By fostering higher level skills such as analytical, critical and creative thinking, gifted specialists strive to enrich and enhance the high-ability student’s education.
- Licensed Gifted Intervention Specialists available full or part time for grades K-12
- Understand the unique learning needs as well as the distinctive social and emotional characteristics of high ability children
- Provide direct instruction in core subjects or in enrichment programming.
- Provide consultative and support services such as:
- identifying high potential students
- designing and evaluating effective programs
- delivering high quality professional development to staff
- co-teaching with regular classroom teachers
Teresa Clevidence, 513.674.4568